[TechAssist] Re: Testing Flybacks

  • From: "becyn" <becyn@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 May 2004 18:00:34 -0400

"Don't believe everything you read"...and so there's the proof of that
saying!

There are several windings and diodes in series
in the secondary. Any static measurement would be inconclusive at best. I
think you just just got lucky a few times if that worked for you at all.
The best way would be to run some low voltage Ac pulses into the primary and
look for
a voltage about 27X the half wave input.
But, why bother with all that? You can do allot to nail it down "in circuit"
without all the removal time and setup.  Besides, at the price of moitors
these days, it's not worth your time unless it's some high end type.

I find that information and parts are hard to come by if at all. I had to
condemn a rather expensive 19" monitor for a simple power supply problem
where many components were burned beyond recognition. No schematic=no
repair.

Jim McVey
McVey Alltronix
327 Broadway