[TechAssist] Testing Flybacks

  • From: Kevin <kevintv@xxxxxxx>
  • To: TECH-ASSIST <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 May 2004 13:21:45 -0700

I learned on tech-assist that if a flyback from a computer monitor rings
'good', but you suspect it is still bad, you can measure from anode to
ground and if there is any ohms reading at all, the diodes inside are
shorted.  What if these diodes go open?  How does it read then?  Does
this test also apply to flybacks for TV's?  I have found many bad
computer monitor flybacks, but no bad TV flybacks this way.  Are
computer monitor flybacks designed differently from TV flybacks?
Thanks.

Kevin Wilks
Kevin's TV & Video Repair
Penticton BC Canada