[TechAssist] Re: Technician's Edge VCR Monthly Software Tips Question?

  • From: "Dan Garris" <dgarris@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2002 05:15:37 -0500

Frank Fendley Wrote:

Hi Dan -

We have the same problem with it - it has to do with the compiler that was
used to compile the program.

I don't believe it's a Windows 98 problem ... rather, I think it has to do
with the processor in the machine. We had an old Pentium with a 200 Meg
processor running Win 98, and the program worked fine. We upgraded to a
Pentium 2 at 433MHz a couple of years ago, and the program wouldn't run.

We can get it to run if we keep trying - it will run occasionally.   You
have to keep hitting it, and about 10% of the time it will come up and run
for us in a DOS window. We're now running Windows ME on that machine, and
the same thing as happens as in 98.

Find an old computer and install it on that - I have it installed on a
machine running nothing but DOS programs and it works fine. I don't think
there is a cure for the original problem. Hope this helps! Sincerely,

Frank Fendley

Hello Fellow Tech's,

I'm doing a search on the internet about "The "Technician's Edge" VCR
Monthly tips!

The Technician's Edge Publishing
P. O. Box 929
Riverton UT 84065-0929 Tel: 801-254-8777
Fax: 801-253-0430
c/o: Richard Beeler
E-Mail: teched19@xxxxxxx
http://intele.net/~vcrtips/Home.html
http://www.vii.com/~vcrtips/index.html

I have learned the company no longer exsists! However I have the Software on
3.5" floppy and I use it often on VCR's we still service from time to time.

My question is, I upgraded my Tech's Computer yesterday which had the
program working fine on it. The Operating System of our old Tech's Computer
was running Windows95.

Our new Upgraded Computer we installed yesterday has Windows98 (first
edition) and now I can not get the program to run on our new Windows98
Computer. I have tried reconfiguring it to run several different ways in the
properties diaglog but it still keeps saying:

"Runtime Error 200 at 02E0:0091"

Does anyone have the program working on Windows98?

I have Qty (10) 3.5" floppy diskettes with volume Upgrade #9 thru June 2000
but can not get it to run on Windows 98, also tried WindowsXP but nothing,
even in all compatibility modes!

Any help or a Windows 98 verison available or how to configure the program
to run properly on Windows98??? It only will work on Windows95 for me!

Dan Garris
GARRIS TV

dgarris@xxxxxxxxxxx

SUBJECT field to the address above.