[TechAssist] Re: Tech Line RCA help. P46770CK PTV169: Bad FBT

  • From: Hermantvr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2002 17:04:07 EST

Part finder gives 232191 and 200450 for this unit. Do not know the difference.

In a message dated 11/14/2002 4:55:18 PM Eastern Standard Time,
support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

Unit came in with HOT shorted, found IHVT with a pin hole in it arcing to the
metal shield for the AC plug.
I repaired the hole to verify nothing else was wrong with the unit before
ordering
a flyback. Unit ran for a few minutes.
Order FBT from Tritronics #232191 which is a new part.
After installing new part, unit would not turn on for a few seconds, then
R762 on
power board started to smoke...or at least smoke came from this direction. I
quickly turned of the variac.
I replaced the FBT I had repaired, and now unit only clicks numerous times
after
pressing power, press power again and stops clicking.
R762U reads about 1.2K, but color code appears to be yellow, black and third
band
is burnt.
I  have no print.
So, either I got a bad flyback or this was not the right part number?
Any suggestions?

Jeff

Tommy Herman
Herman TV