[TechAssist] Re: TV repair and wedding rings

  • From: mebonnell@xxxxxxxxx (Old TV Man)
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2005 19:34:48 -0500

Nov 1st will make me 52 years. My wedding ring is in a jewelry box.

Gary just be truthful when you get home.
Don't end your honeymoon already.

Max Bonnell
Bonnell TV
Robinson, IL

Sender: techassist-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx From:
wwood_38478@xxxxxxxxx(walter=A0wood) Date: Wed, Jul 27, 2005, 2:48pm
(CDT-2) To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx Subject: [TechAssist] Re: TV repair
and wedding rings Reply=A0to: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
I don't know about the denting/soft part. The higher the concentration
of gold to other alloys the softer the ring.So, what cost most might
last least.
Anyway, I NEVER wear any rings,watches, nothin' like that at work.
It's a hazzard, and my bride of 36+ years knows that.
Walter
--- Gary McCartney <gary@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I usually remove my wedding ring during work but forgot a couple of
times this week. First, I get a shock when the ring touched the 200V
supply on a CRT board, then today I was carrying a 27" TV and put a big
dent in the ring.
Is it common to have a ring dented (not round afterwards) from carrying
TV's or other heavy items? Maybe this ring is just soft or something?
It's only 2 months old and not looking foward to going home tonight.
--
Gary McCartney
McCartney Electronics

Walter Wood