[TechAssist] TV Zenith SMS2549S

  • From: MagLfixIt4ya@xxxxxxx
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 26 Oct 2002 09:59:50 EDT

Hello all, the set came in dead, the HOT Q3200 and buck regulator Q3412 were
shorted, I replaced them with original Zenith parts as well as the rectifier
diodes CRX3471 thru CRX3474 with 1n4007=ECG116. This brought the set back to
life however in the stand by mode there is a pulsing squeal (sounds like a
chirp) coming from the new regulator Q3412, I checked the voltage there and
all 3 pins are slightly off G=94vdc should be 101v D=168.8v should be 150v
and S=99.5v should be 100v, Im not worried about pins G&S but pin D is off
enough, I checked all the following RX3413 RX3411 RX3414, and for good
measure I replaced CRX3411 6.2v 1/2w zener and CRX3410 with an ECG552 and the
following caps CX3411 CX3412 CX3413 CX3414 and CX3474 and finally QX3410. And
I still have the pulsing squeal, I have not tried to power on fully in fear
of blowing all the new parts, The photofact number is #3503 any help is
appreciated.

Don@ Affordable Electronics
          153 Garfield Place
           Brooklyn NY 11215