[TechAssist] Re: TV, RCA CTC169

  • From: Phil Bader <philbad@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2002 15:36:49 -0500

I had a similar experience this week .Plugged in but not on, the
speakers had a low whine from them with your ear to the speaker.Also
intermittant static. The PTV would intermittantly go "thump" from the
speakers and shut down. The final fix was those two audio output IC's.
Replaced them.Mo whine in stby and crackle gone. (I did find several
weak lytics around the SMPS IC also)