[TechAssist] Re: TT- strikes again

  • From: Paul <dntwntv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2003 17:57:53 -0700 (PDT)

Hep me understand. What is a fake part? How do you differentiate between a
"fake" and a generic? My understanding of fake has been, something that looks
real but is not. Are the "fake" parts, not real parts?  Generic parts have a
generic P/N.s What do fake parts have?         Paul
gulftech@xxxxxxxx wrote:Well stated, Tony.
Most of us have thousand of dollars of inventory. When I get low on a
part or find a part I don't stock, I order them. Rarely order just one,
just for high-cost items. Even if you know when and where a part is
ordered, it may be many months later when you find it defective. You may
use three of one particular part in one week and not need another of the
same for a year.

Ken Smith
Gulf Technical Services
3034 Gulf Breeze Parkway
Gulf Breeze, FL 32563
850-934-8324 (Voice) 850-932-0819 (Fax)

On Fri, 13 Jun 2003 17:37:35 -0500 "tony saracco"
writes:
> Yes Larry I did order generics, but I did not order fakes. Trouble
> with
> returning them is they have been in inventory for several months and
> have
> more than likely exceed the warr period. That's the trouble with
> inventory
> parts, they may not be used for some time before you find you have a
> prob
> with them. Now all my parts are tracked by when and where they came
> from.
>
> Tony Saracco
> TCS ELECTRONICS
> Elgin , IL 60120
> 847-695-1928
> tcselectronics@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

***
> *
> > > The Tech Address Book:
> > > http://www.tech-assist.org/secure/tip/contact.html
> > > Add a Repair Tip Here, or Change/Remove your Email Address:
> > > http://www.tech-assist.org/secure/tip/main.htm
> > > Lost Password:
> > > http://www.tech-assist.org and select "Lost your Login Info?".
> > > Email Archives: