[TechAssist] Re: TOSHIBA CF3273A SERVICE MANUAL NEEDED

  • From: "Dave Huston" <DaveHuston@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2002 23:23:03 -0400

Ed,
This set is still in the customer home. It's a very large console so I don't
care to pull it in. The problem is really marginal. To explain further, the
picture is just slightly washed out (low on contrast). It appears the
picture control is simply set too low but the customer setting is at max.
The picture control works but at a normal setting of 50-75% on the bar,
picture is quite faded. I was hoping a simple adjustment would improve pix
quality. I just don't know if there's a procedure to do this on this set.
Can you check the manual to see if it shows a sub-contrast pot or possibly a
digital setting in the service menu that may do the trick?
Dave Huston
Huston TV & Electronics
Marion, Ohio 43302
DaveHuston@xxxxxxxxxxxx