[TechAssist] TA Zenith RZ46Z83D7..Video faded out, now NO video.9-1848**Two problems

  • From: <support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Techassist" <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2003 18:18:50 -0500

Model DOM, NOV 97
I believe the convergence module in this is 9-1690.
I had this set 1-1/2 years ago and replaced the convergence chips and small
signal module.
I know about the two resistors on the module, but never heard of those causing
the video to fade.
I know this set has the light box, but I would like to repair in the home if
it's not too difficult. I
anticipate possible fluid leaks, but I don't think this set is known for leaky
fluid.
Customer also mentioned, when in the menu trying to adjust color temp or tint,
the adjustments have no
affect on the picture, yet the indicators move. Would this be an EEPROM issue?
Thank you.

Jeff Dougherty
Intrepid Video TV/VCR
263 S Front St