[TechAssist] T/A Sony KV-36HS20 Int. no HV

  • From: "Glenn Larkman" <mail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2003 17:02:16 -0700

Model - KV-36HS20
Chassis- DX-1A
Symptom- very intermittent no HV/sound ok

I have the above sony in for service with the symptom of intermittent no
high voltage.(sound ok). Unit may run for days before acting up; HV will
start to build and then shutdown with constant led flashing, however, unit
will have sound.
This unit has a separate supply for the deflection circuits.
I'm wondering if the Sony experts out there have any potential leads on this
one. Problem is not sensitive to heat/vibration and I have done much
resoldering.
I have changed C6532 .056 @ 800 on D board as per a tip on winstips but no
joy.
Anyone have any history on this set for this problem?
(as this set weighs more than me I dont want to have to go pick it up
again....)
TIA for any assistance.

Glenn Larkman
Audiotech