[TechAssist] Re: TA Mitsubishi VS4543 jagged lines...was. Green focus

  • From: "LeRoy Westlund" <llw@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 1 Jun 2004 00:19:04 -0600

Jeff,
If it was me ( and I'm glad it's not ),....I'd pull the light box, and work
with the vertical line symptom on the bench in the shop. Project the picture
onto the ceiling. If you can't see the cross hatch very good on the ceiling,
just look down into one of the CRTs directly (for very short periods of time
only). Don't try to fix all the problems for this set in the home. In the
shop, you can take your time, and won't have to deal with the customer
breathing down your neck.

To pull the light box, you have to first remove the front screen
assy.,...then on each side there is a wooden plate that has wood screws in
it. Remove the plates first, and then you will have acess, and be able to
reach down under them, and remove the 4 screws that are holding the Lightbox
in place. Don't forget to take the remote control with you to the shop.
Leave the control panel in the home. It's really easier to pull this
lightbox then one might think. It's a little flimsy to carry, but, it will
hold together satisfactory, if you are careful.

When you get it in the shop, look for more contamination from fluid leakage
on the deflection board. Maybe under pug in connectors for yokes, and
convergence plug- ins. Also check some more e-caps on related ckt. boards.
Once you get the vertical line symptom cleared up, take it back to the home,
and work with the convergence to finish the job.

Good luck,
LLW

LeRoy Westlund
Westlund TV & Electronics
97 North Main                                "Where there's a will,...
Centerfield, UT 84622-0087           There's always a way."
Ph./Fax  435-528-3822
mailto:LLW@xxxxxxxxxx