[TechAssist] Re: TA Microwave GE JE1390

  • From: "Bruce Tiedeman" <btied@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 1 Jun 2004 12:29:31 -0400

These H.V diodes on the main capacitor test real high on a meter , probably
OK. They usually short not open up.
Test all the switches inside at door latch. Just remove wires to each one
and run a continuity check on each. The door safety switch will cause fuse
to blow. You can put a 100 watt bulb in place of the 15 amp fuse instead of
using up fuses. Test the magnetron first by testing for continuity from
input leads to magnetron case should show open. If it test shorted then it
is the megaton causing the problem.
Bruce.

B&T Electronics
139 Margaret St