[TechAssist] Re: TA Microwave GE JE1390

  • From: "majorthom@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <majorthom@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 1 Jun 2004 13:41:29 -0700 (PDT)

On the 1390 the upper door switch is meant to blow fuse and uses both the NO
and NC function.Bottom switch only uses NO conn. which closes as door is
shut,If you have to replace these switches,be sure to figure in modifying the
plunger[easy] as it doesn't stick out enough on the replacements[crazy glue] To
isolate the maggie as to cause,I pull the HiV lead off it and energize the cook
fcn, That oil-filled cap will really knock you silly,so discharge it or stay
away from it,Let me know.Regards,
Pete

Intrepid Video Support <support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I do very few microwaves, but I hoped this would be simple...
Found 15A fuse open.
Replaced and unit would run for about 5 seconds, but I don't think it started
to heat at all and fuse
blew.
Found diode HVR-1X from main cap to ground open. (Also has SK6918 on it).
Measures open on diode test
anyway.
Can someone guide me to what else I may need to look for on this? I've seen
posts about switches blowing
fuses, but don't know how to test them on this.
Thank you.

Jeff
--
Intrepid Video TV/VCR Repair