[TechAssist] Symphonic TVCR19G1 / Funai F19TRG1 D620 Zener Shorts

  • From: "Lynn C. Hedspeth, CET(r)" <HedTV@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 06 Nov 2002 09:34:58 -0500

Set 1 Model TVCR19G1 Symphonic
Set 2 Model F19TRG1 Funai (Same set)
D620 15 volt Zener repeat failure.

I have 2 of these doing the same thing. Set came in with D620 shorted, and=
 set dead.
Replaced first one, played for hours, sent home, then couple days later=
 returned with
same symptom (D620 Zener shorted again). Set will play for hours with no=
 real
fluctuation in voltage. Then suddenly and unfortunately never while=
 watching the set,
the Diode shorts again. I have replace the diode several times in the first=
 set trying to
catch it failing. Now I have second set doing same thing. I have to assume=
 someone
has solved this before. I saw in Winstips a tip suggesting just replace=
 D620, but that's
not the cure in my 2 cases. Something is causing the supply to raise=
 substantially.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Lynn C. Hedspeth, CET(r) NC-407
Hedspeth Enterprises Inc.