[TechAssist] Re: Symphonic TVCR model TVCR9G1 Dead

  • From: gulftech@xxxxxxxx
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2003 09:21:45 -0800

LeRoy,

Replace C1622, 44ufd, 16v cap.  Found near front right corner of to pcb.

Ken Smith
Gulf Technical Services
3034 Gulf Breeze Parkway
Gulf Breeze, FL  32563
850-934-8324 (Voice) 850-932-0819 (Fax)

On Sun, 19 Jan 2003 17:29:01 -0700 "LeRoy Westlund" <llw@xxxxxxxxxx>
writes:

> Hi Gang,
> This (high end) Symphonic TVCR9G1 is a dead unit.
> When I push the pwr. button, red light blinks for one second, but
> pwr. don't
> turn on.
> Head cleaner tape was stuck in unit.
> I manually removed cassette, and tested my standby voltages. They
> all test
> OK.
> I cleaned mode switch. Mech alignment seems to be OK, but, I may
> need to
> disassemble, to double check. I was just hoping that one of you
> could give
> me some more ideas, before doing a mech align. proceedure.
> I replaced IC670, and IC671. Also replaced C675, C1675, and C1622.
> I also checked D1655.  SMPS seems to be working OK. Unit just won't
> fire up.
> Oh,...yes,...I even replaced the center LED. NO help.
>
> All suggestions are appreciated.
> Thanks,
> LLW
>
> LeRoy Westlund
> Westlund TV & Electronics        " Walk tall,...Walk straight
> 93 North Main                                   and look the world
> Centerfield, UT 84622-0087                 right in the eye "
> Ph./Fax  435-528-3822
> mailto:LLW@xxxxxxxxxx

Only $9.95 per month!
Visit www.juno.com