[TechAssist] Symphonic TVCR model TVCR9G1 Dead

  • From: "LeRoy Westlund" <llw@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "TechAssist" <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 19 Jan 2003 17:29:01 -0700

Hi Gang,
This (high end) Symphonic TVCR9G1 is a dead unit.
When I push the pwr. button, red light blinks for one second, but pwr. don't
turn on.
Head cleaner tape was stuck in unit.
I manually removed cassette, and tested my standby voltages. They all test
OK.
I cleaned mode switch. Mech alignment seems to be OK, but, I may need to
disassemble, to double check. I was just hoping that one of you could give
me some more ideas, before doing a mech align. proceedure.
I replaced IC670, and IC671. Also replaced C675, C1675, and C1622.
I also checked D1655.  SMPS seems to be working OK. Unit just won't fire up.
Oh,...yes,...I even replaced the center LED. NO help.

All suggestions are appreciated.
Thanks,
LLW

LeRoy Westlund
Westlund TV & Electronics        " Walk tall,...Walk straight
93 North Main                                   and look the world
Centerfield, UT 84622-0087                 right in the eye "
Ph./Fax  435-528-3822
mailto:LLW@xxxxxxxxxx

Submit A Repair Tip For Everyone Here: