[TechAssist] Re: Sylvannia(Funai) SRT2027 dead

  • From: "J Silverman" <greentron@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2002 20:39:12 -0500

Sounds similar to one I had about a year ago. The resistors were burned up,
220 ohms I think. The solder on the 9 volt zener was crystalized from the
heat. The resistors were fed from a rectifier off the SMPS secondary. There
was also a 30 volt zener from the rectifier to ground. The 30 volt zener was
shorted so I had no voltage to the resistors. Funai T/A said I would
probably have to replace the IC too. But in this unit replacing the 30 volt
zener and the burned resistors was all that was necessary.
Funai T/A knew right away what the damage was so it must be common. It was
warranty so I ordered all the parts they suggested but the IC never came in.
Perhaps they have them in stock by now. Cause of the problem was SMPS
runaway. Could not find anything wrong with the SMPS.
Jerry Silverman
Greentron Inc
4 Newland Ave
Greenville SC 29609