[TechAssist] Re: Sylvania tv/vcr SCC090 (Funai)

  • From: "J Silverman" <greentron@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 3 Oct 2002 16:12:23 -0400

Have same problem with Symphonic SSC199, except it works OK first time
plugged in after replacing zener. Zener shorts the next time it is plugged
in. The zener is an overvoltage protector on the 25 volt line. Funai T/A
says the problem is defective electrolytics, not testable, and they just
change caps until the problem is gone. Seems wierd to me that unit will work
just fine indefinitely with a bad cap.
Would really like to know the source of the problem as I also have a
Sylvania 6513DA with the 33 volt zener shorted and am waiting for a new
supply of zeners.
Jerry Silverman
Greentron Inc
4 Newland Ave