[TechAssist] Re: Sylvania VCR - C6240VD - Doesn't load tapes or play then shuts off

  • From: greentron@xxxxxxx
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 13 Mar 2004 06:06:26 +0000

You didnt say how old it is so I cant give you a meaningful answer. If it is
the cam problem the pieces that break off are so tiny you cant find them in the
white grease. I only discovered it when I knew I had a cam problem and
carefully compared the new one with the old one to see what was missing. If it
is an older unit with the binding ML Holder problem the factory fix was to put
some slippy grease under it. I have the service manuals filed by model year. If
there is no date on the label there should be a moldmakers date on the inside
of large plastic parts.
J Silverman