[TechAssist] Sylvania Tv/Vcr L19TRG Dies when VCR is started

  • From: "Bill S" <billans@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 30 May 2002 12:26:14 -0700

Hi all;
This unit came in with the complaint that after a tape is inserted and
starts playing that it will quit.  Upon looking at it, I found that the
capstan was not playing.  I did clean the mode select switch, replaced the 6
volt regulator and also the center LED.  Now the capstan will play and there
is picture on the screen for several seconds and then it dies again.  I
checked to see if it would do the same in the FF mode and it also quits too.
Anything else that I should be checking?
Thanks
Bill Sorensen
New Life Video & Audio
billans@xxxxxxxxxxxx