[TechAssist] Re: Sylvania TV/DVD Mod. # 6520FDE Need lazar assembly.

  • From: "Tel-Tek Electronics" <teltek3@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2005 17:35:04 -0500

I always question doing anything on DVD's unless they are a Combo unit.
It may be my shortcoming, but DVD Players are less that $35 at Wal-Mart.
Should give you a year, or at least 90 days.
I know this may sound "negative" for DVD's and doing business, but even at a
reasonable price for the laser assembly, 65% of the time you will be stuck
with parts, shipping, unit..and no Invoice to give to the customer.

If you need this type of business, to take up your slack,...at least ask
them to bring in the Remote Control to offset your time.

Case in point...Customer brought in a Cyberhome DVD...paid $40 for the unit.
Had a defective Remote....tried to order one...after 1/2 hour finding a
supplier for them on the internet...$35 for the Remote..plus shipping...plus
taxes. (My Cost).

Morale of the story...start collecting Remotes for this Chinese Import.(was
going to use the word crap)...Programmable Remotes won't have the codes.

-Ed-
E.G.
Tel-Tek Electronics
Ontario-Canada