[TechAssist] Re: Sylvania TVCR combo model L19TRG

  • From: greentron@xxxxxxx
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 01 Mar 2004 02:57:43 +0000

The purpose of the rubber block was to keep stray light from the LED from
reaching the reel photosensor. All of the light reaching the reel sensor is
supposed to go through the light guide and the interrupter. The reel sensor and
light guide get dirty because of their location. Some times the light guide
warps and does not line up well with the sensor. Some times the LED has gotten
weaker. Frequently I see all three problems in the same unit.
J Silverman