[TechAssist] Re: Sylvania SRT4127FA TV

  • From: "al m" <ampm@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2004 21:45:18 -0400

The symptoms were the screen voltage was low.  I sprayed the cap and the
voltage dropped, bad cap right. Wrong I took the cap out sprayed it again
and the voltage dropped, bad socket maybe? Nope I took the socket off and
sprayed the board and it fell again with nothing connected. I just got this
cooler and I'm starting to think that the cooler is causing a short.there
are 3 spaces cut in the board between the pins that are causing the voltage
drop so I think now that it's the freeze spray. This is the first time I
used this brand. I will replace the cap to be sure but it's been playing
with the cap in.?????????
Al Marquardt
ampm@xxxxxxx
Al Marquardt Electronic Repair