[TechAssist] Sylvania (Funai-sears) SRT2027 (27" ) Dead worth fixing?

  • From: "Peter oliver" <oliver_peter1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 27 Mar 2004 21:07:07 +0000

Had a Sylvania SRT2027 (sears funai sourcing) come in with burned resistors
that appear to feed IC301, a large surface mount IC. A review of the
archives revels what appears to be my gut insinct that the set is garbage,
with a low probabbilty of getting service data or parts. Any one have an
acurate history of the mortaity rate of these sets with nominal cause of
death or hope of reviving? (Would appear that this is fairly common), On the
other issue any idea on cross compatiblity of parts, tried the CRT with one
of my Zenith yoke/chassis but didn't look very good much have an odd
deflection/gun configuration.

Peter Oliver
Tucson Radio TV