[TechAssist] Re: SonyKP-43T75 dead six blinks

  • From: "Damon" <damon101@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2004 21:11:34 -0500

The Q box is that HUGE block of Metal shielded digital processed video
circuitry. I wouldn't consider that as part of the problem when your IHVT
took a dump. I had one recently blinking 6 times and the IHVT was bad too.

This tv has 2 sections that are separate if I remember correctly, one is
Horiz sweep and the other is Hi voltage......I can't remember well, but I
think the 130 V smps may feed a HV regulator before it goes to the IHVT.

You might want to get the price of the D board 1st, I think the cost is
quite reasonable.

Damon Brunger
Telrad Electronic Services
Ft Wayne, IN 46815