[TechAssist] Re: Sony projo G2 adjust

  • From: "Leonard Caillouet" <lcaillo@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2005 11:59:54 -0500

I have done both the coarse and the fine adjustments and found that the
voltages are pretty close with the coarse adjustment, so I don't bother with
the fine adjustment and the jig unless there is a gray scale tracking
problem.  If you need the jig I can send you the .pdf.

From Sony:

3-1. SCREEN VOLTAGE ADJUSTMENT
(COARSE ADJUSTMENT)
1. Receive the Monoscope signal.
2. Set 50% BRIGHTNESS and minimum PICTURE.
3. Turn the red VR on the FOCUS block all the way to the left
and then gradually turn it to the right until the point where you
can see the retrace line.
4. Next gradually turn it to the left to the position where the
retrace line disappears.

3-2. SCREEN (G2) ADJUSTMENT
(FINE ADJUSTMENT)
Fine Mode is recommended to set screen controls to their optimal
condition. It is necessary to build the simple jig, illustrated below,
using 3-watt resistors. Please note, that if the proper voltage is not
obtained with their listed values, resistors, then please increase or
decrease one of the values in the resistor network to obtain the
correct voltage.
1. Select VIDEO1 mode without signals.
2. Connect G2 JIG.
3. SW on JIG.
4. Connect an oscilloscope to the TP701(KR), TP732(KG) and
TP761(KB) of CR board, CG board and CB board.
5. Adjust R, G and B screen voltage to 170-173V with screen
VR on the Focus block.

Leonard G. Caillouet
Electronics World
1261 NW 76 Blvd