[TechAssist] Re: Sony kv32s45 blows R607 no power

  • From: "Damon" <DAMON101@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 5 Jan 2002 08:24:51 -0500

Ok, do you have a Variac?? You'll need it for this. Replace blown parts and
install variac - set it to 30 volts ac and turn it on. I suspect that using
a scope on the Q601 E-C connection point that you will find the duty cycle
(turn-on vs turn-off) to NOT be 50%.

Check the resistors connected to the Base pins, diodes @caps too. (Don't
have my schematics in front of me). These set the timing of the Ic's duty
cycle. Of course you may also have NO oscillation at all and one side of
q601 is being turned on all the time, if so then the tuning caps for the
Pit, Prt, or Smps xfmr come into question, (Remember, no schems in front of
me).

But that situation will kill q 601 immediately. Hope this helps.

Damon Brunger
damon101@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Telrad Electronic Services
Ft Wayne, IN 46815