[TechAssist] Re: Sony camcorder CCD-TR54, what caused tape to not eject?

  • From: "J Silverman" <greentron@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 26 Jul 2003 13:21:35 -0400

To eject, the drum takes a spin, then the capstan motor takes a spin to turn
the reels. If the micro sees the drum FG and the reel PGs the eject
operation starts. My first guess is that the tape was stuck to the drum so
that it couldnt start or get up enough speed. Second guess is that the LS
Chassis flex pcb is damaged where it turns to come up the side of the
chassis and the take up reel PG pulse lines are cracked. If that is the
problem it may be intermittant for a while but the problem will come back.
That spot gets damaged because a projection on the basket beats on it.
You are lucky that you did not damage the loading motor driver circuit with
9 volts. I never use more than 3 volts to run the loading motor.
Jerry Silverman
Greentron Inc
4 Newland Ave
Greenville SC 29609