[TechAssist] Re: Sony TV model KV27TS35 - chassis SCC-E65E-A

  • From: Jim Myers <jr.myers@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 05 Apr 2004 10:02:44 -0500

Did the HOT short again? If yes then the problem is either loss of H
drive or flyback timing. If no then the problem is within the power
supply and you may have a bad match with the 2SC4644's, poor quality
generic parts. Try another pair and check the base or emitter waveform
for a 50/50 duty cycle, or find VDR601, pull it and check it, it must
read infinity ohms. Anything less and it is bad,
Since 1972
Jim Myers
Telrad Electronics
Fort Wayne, Indiana