[TechAssist] Sony TV, Model KV-13TR20, Intermittant "Lockup"

  • From: VideoVann@xxxxxxx
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 2 Oct 2002 17:24:47 EDT

Folks, I have an old Sony TV and  an impatient customer that's driving me
crazy! TV works perfectly and will continually do so for hours/days, until,
sometimes,  given a CH. Change or TV/Video Change...it then locks up, cannot
change ch, again, sometimes with a perfect picture other times (customer
claims) goes to blank screen w/no volume (could be 'Video' Mode). I've seen
it do the former, lockup, only twice. So rarely, and with the back off,
NEVER, that I can't begin to troubleshoot. When locked, TV remained locked
until power was unplugged or cooled down cannot be sure, since I took time to
remove back of set. HELP!
Thanx, Clint Vanorsdell, DBA Video Van, Mass. Master Tech. License # 8873, 90
Rockland St, Hanover, MA.02339, 781-826-8983