[TechAssist] Sony TV KV32TS46 power supply transistors

  • From: Gary McCartney <gary@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 07 May 2004 00:52:26 -0400

I have a Sony TV model KV32TS46 that has shorted power supply
transistors Q601 and 602.

I ordered Sony original 2SC4834's from Globel, part # 8-729-019-49.
Apparently this is a replacement part number for the original part
number.

These parts came in a Globel parts bag with a computer printed sticker
labeled 8-729-019-49 instead of a Sony bag. The transistors leads are
preformed to fit the PCB. (I don't notice any marks on the leads to
think someone bent them with pliers, they look like a machine bent
them). Date code is 0237. Does anyone know if these really are Sony
originals? I also ordered the VDR's from them and they ARE in Sony
original packages. I ordered generic 2SC4834's from them as well and
they look the same except the leads are straight and the date code is
0243.

Now another possible problem is the gain rating of these transistors.
The shorted ones in the TV are rated "P"  The alleged Sony originals I
purchased are rated "M" and the generic ones are rated "N". I thought I
read in previous messages that "P" gain transistors will run cooler and
since thats what was in the TV to start with, what should I do?

Thanks for any help.
--

Gary McCartney

McCartney Electronics