[TechAssist] Re: Sony TV KV2793R No relay

  • From: DnTwnTV@xxxxxxx
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2002 21:51:59 EST

In a message dated 11/15/02 12:20:53 AM Pacific Standard Time,

<< Subj:         [TechAssist] Re: Sony TV KV2793R No relay
 Date:  11/15/02 12:20:53 AM Pacific Standard Time
 From:  villyboor@xxxxxxxxx (Vilhelm Boor)
 Sender:    techassist-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
 To:    techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

    Thanks for the responce. The power supply for the rest of the set is not
activated until the relay is closed. The relay doesn't close without the 5v
standby. The 5v stanby is actually used to power two ic's.One that energizes
the relay. I found a lytic cap that I had missed. The set is working fine
    Paul

 villy Boor
  Boorelec Durban
    We do not have that particular model here but with the one clue you give
I would suggest your supply is very low, check the IC or whatever the chopper
is. You have a 20W resistor using ½ a watt,sounds strange to me. I would
suspect this is in the line drive so it look like you are running with a B+
of 52V going to be a dead duck on that.
 --

 On Thu, 14 Nov 2002 21:22:57
  DnTwnTV wrote:
 &gt;
 &gt;This Sony TV model KV2793R   The relay doesn't close. I have no stand by 5
 &gt;volts. Has 52volts on supply side of 20w 4.7K resistor R612. I volt on the
 &gt;other side.  Checked all components on the line for shorts. Removed and
 &gt;checked esr on all lytic caps. I put external 5volts on the line. It did
not
 &gt;decrease and the relay did not work.      This seems like it should be an
 &gt;easy fix. Can't find anything wrong. Any ideas?           Paul
 &gt;
 &gt;dntwntv@xxxxxxx

 &gt;                                         Central TV

 &gt;

 &gt;     Grover Beach Ca.
 &gt;------------------------------------------
 &gt;To REMOVE your email address, click here:
 &gt;  http://www.tech-assist.org/unsubb.html
 &gt;To CHANGE your email address, click here:
 &gt;  http://www.techassist.net/forms/change.html
 &gt;------------------------------------------
 &gt;***NEW*** Tips Added Instantly!!!***
 &gt;Submit Repair Tips here:
 &gt;http://www.tech-assist.org/secure/tip/
 &gt;

 Outgrown your current e-mail service? Get 25MB Storage, POP3 Access,
 Advanced Spam protection with LYCOS MAIL PLUS.
 http://login.mail.lycos.com/brandPage.shtml?pageId=plus&amp;ref=lmtplus
 </FONT> FAMILY="SANSSERIF" FACE="Arial" LANG="0">

 To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
 Date: Fri, 15 Nov 2002 08:22:14  0000
 From: "Vilhelm Boor" <villyboor@xxxxxxxxx>
 Subject: [TechAssist] Re: Sony TV KV2793R No relay