[TechAssist] Re: Sony TV KV24FV12 Shuts off - ( 10 minutes, then 2 blinks)

  • From: Larry Eastman <videotech@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 06 Nov 2003 20:10:45 -0500

LeRoy, 2 blinks is   B+  overcurrent protect, short in power supply or
high voltage circuit. 4 blinks
is a vertical problem as you said in your post, I have all of them
listed on my site if you want to print
them out for future reference, also info listed on how to retrieve and
clear the stored error codes,
 go to www.tvjunkyard.com then click on Tech Tips & Info. You didn`t say
in your post if you tried
turning up the G2 control when the picture blanks out, you may have  a
problem with the IK circuit
which would mean a tired tube, hope this helps, Larry E

Larry Eastman
American TV & Electronics
Crystal River, Fl. 34428

LeRoy Westlund wrote:

>Hi members,
>This Sony TV has a perfect picture for about 10 minutes,....then shuts off.
>The pwr. light blinks 2 times, and then keeps repeating with 2 blinks .
>If I turn the set back on, it will only last from about 3 to 8 minutes, then
>shuts off again.
>I have seen some bulletins relating to replacing the micro-p, and a
>modification. But I think that one is related to a vertical pulse problem
>with 4 blinks.
>Could this problem, be related to the same modification, or could it be more
>simple, like turning down the master screen ?
>
>Any help appreciated,
>LLW
>
>LeRoy Westlund
>Westlund TV & Electronics              I've heard it said:
>93 North Main                             "that a fool never learns"
>Centerfield, UT 84622-0087     It kinda reminds me of me.
>Ph./Fax  435-528-3822
>mailto:LLW@xxxxxxxxxx

>Classifieds! Buy or Sell!
>http://sell.tech-assist.org
>The Tech Address Book:
>http://www.tech-assist.org/secure/tip/contact.htm
>Add a Repair Tip Here, or Change/Remove your Email Address:
>http://www.tech-assist.org/secure/tip/main.htm
>Lost Password:
>http://www.tech-assist.org  and select "Lost your Login Info?".
>Email Archives: