[TechAssist] Sony R/P KP-46S15 Chassis-SCC-H58B-A

  • From: "Teltek3" <teltek3@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2003 13:50:17 -0400

Need some advice here. I have one of the above sets in for repair, with an
intermittant tuner problem.
    Is it wiser to replace the tuner as a whole, or is it worth the time and
effort to find the solder connection and repair it?
I have not priced out the tuner, but suspect it will be over a $100. Is it
normally bad grounds on these, or feed thru components?  Have isolated to a
specific are, but hard to pinpoint to the actual component.

TIA

-Ed-
Tel-Tek Electronics
Ontario-Canada