[TechAssist] Re: Sony RA-2A KP-46C65 instantly blows IC601 & R608

  • From: "Leonard Caillouet" <lcaillo@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2005 16:55:36 -0400

Larry,

Start it up very slowly and as soon as it starts switching measure the
frequency.  If it is below 50kHz you may have a bad switching transformer.
I have had several of these after lightning.  They are a PITA because there
is no way to test it other than to start it up.

You may be able to see some heat stress on the windings which are very tiny.

Leonard Caillouet
Electronics World
1261 NW 76 Blvd
Gainesville, FL 32606