[TechAssist] Re: Sony Model KP53HS30, shut down at turn on, but not in shop.

  • From: Phil Bader <tjanphyl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2004 16:50:20 -0400

You know Sonys with that delay for the picture to appear all at once
after it warms up. Maybe that normal delay is when the impatient
customer is hitting the remote again and again.
I have a PC tech so used to operating one and two gigahertz fast
processors, that when he sits behind a 400 MHz system,he is may forget
and hit the enter button, expecting a quick response, puzzled. That
machine has it's own normal delays. Maybe so for the Sony problem...
Phil Bader

Jim Myers wrote:

>Customer says he sometimes has to hit the power switch 6 or 7 times
>before it will stay on. We have the chassis and crt assy in the shop and
>no problem shows up on bench. When I monitor the HOT waveform the
>collector pulse rises to it's normal value then drops down to almost
>nothing then snaps back up to normal 950VP-P with B+ of 101.5. this
>happens while the led is flashing and before the picture comes on. Is
>this quick drop out of the pulse a sign of the problem or is it normal
>on this chassis?
>Thanks,
>*******************************************************************************************************************
>Since 1972
>Jim Myers
>Telrad Electronics
>Fort Wayne, Indiana

>Lost Password:
>Email Archives:

Philip Bader
Jan Phyl TV Inc. (estab. 1976)
3420 Recker Hwy. Winter Haven, Fl. 33880
Fax (863) 299-8821
email: tjanphyl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx