[TechAssist] Re: Sony M# KF50WE610 changing lamp

  • From: "Jeff Farnsworth" <jlfonz@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Dec 2004 21:41:29 -0600

You wont need to take out the 3 screws.  Thats only to pull the light
engine.  The only thing special aboutt them is that you'll need a long shaft
phillips.  Probably minimum 8".  I carry a 12 or 14 and use it alot.  I
allways panic when I misplace it.  Lamp comes with allen wrench that fits
the odd size metric allen head screws.  There is a high voltage sensing
(thin black) wire that runs above the lamp driver block.  Make sure to put
it back  where it was. Also make sure to keep the to HV leads going to the
lamp seperated just as they probably allready are.  I've been after the
parts guys to find me a roll of the really good black fuzzy tape the
Manufacturers use. Reusing the stuff inside isn't allways as good as I would
like it---but far better than using black electrical tape which never holds
long.  This is very easy even if you have to replace all 3 parts, PS CBA,
Lamp driver and lamp.  As I had mentioned earliar I would install both the
ps and lamp driver at the same time as I have been lucky installing the ps
only and not having it get dumped on me cause of the lamp board being bad
also--not to mention having to come back.  I keep the driver and a bulb as
truck stock right now as the PS has a heftier price.

TV Doctor
Avalon, Wi