[TechAssist] Re: Sony LCD proj KF50XBR800 picture intermittent on/off

  • From: Phil Bader <tjanphyl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2005 17:15:42 -0400

These are all the results from my techrepairCD (intrepid-video) search
by model number...:

Sony~KF50XBR800~Tries to start~~~~If the customer can hear the short ark
sound as the lamp tries to start then he needs a lamp~~~~~~

Sony~KF50XBR800~The standby LED blinks 6 times. No picture or sound~~~~6
Blinks means that there is a Low B error. Check for +5V on the G board~~~~~~

Sony~KF50XBR800~The standby LED blinks 5 times. No picture or sound~Page
8 of the service manual lists the diagnostic codes~~~5 blinks indicates
that the Lamp Driver is faulty. This means that the lamp or lamp driver
board may be defective~~~~~~

Sony~KF50XBR800~The standby LED blinks 3 times. No picture or
sound~~~~Check the lamp cover on the front of the unit as this error
indicates that it is not secured properly or that the sensor is
malfunctioning~~~~~~

Sony~KF50XBR800~Per Sony: These models have no known issues with their
lamps so please do not change lamps or lamp drivers unnecessarily.~Also*
the lamp is intended to be a customer replaceable item so a service call
to the home is not required if the lamp  does go out~~LCD~The power
block is 1-468-510-13  item location #201 119 ! A-1601-753-A LAMP BLOCK
ASSY (RP) gets you a light bulb~~~~~~

Sony~KF50XBR800~Lamp LED flashes. No picture and no sound~~~~The lamp is
burned out~~~~~~

HTH,
Phil Bader

Philip Bader
Jan Phyl TV Inc. (estab. 1976)
3420 Recker Hwy. Winter Haven, Fl. 33880
Fax (863) 299-8821
email: tjanphyl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx