[TechAssist] Sony KV36FS10, Dark pix, Need IC355, CXA2131S

  • From: gulftech@xxxxxxxx
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 28 May 2005 13:54:45 -0500

Friends,

I see by looking in the archives that others have been here before me.
Larry Eastman wrote in July 2002 about a problem involving the jungle IC.
 Bob Waterman wrote back that the IC is Sony # 8-752-088-86.

This set isn't as bad as Larry's.  This one is missing chroma with
streaks in pix.  Still, bad jungle.  Problem is, Tritronics lists that as
an inactive part.  They show a sub of 8-752-092-17, but show it as not
available and cannot be ordered.

This stinks, folks.  This 36" flat screen Sony, made in July, 1999 and I
can't get parts.  I fixed one identical to it yesterday with a cracked
"A" (main) pcb.  That took five hours of painful surgery, because the
board is NLA and nobody (other than me) would rebuild it.  After all that
work, you can imagine how pleased I was when I hooked it up and it
worked.  My customer was very pleased.  So was I when I collected my
payment!

I have a friend from another shop needing the very same chip--CXA2131S.
He's been looking for over a month.  Found it doing a Google search at
Audio Lab of Ga, and for only $12.00.  Then I saw "0" under the In Stock
column.

Does anyone have one or know where I can buy one or two?

Do customers understand how much time we spend tracking down and ordering
parts?  I think not.  Over two hours lost, so far.

If you have one for sale, new or used, let me know privately at
GulfTech@xxxxxxxxx

Thanks,

Kenneth Smith
Gulf Technical Services