[TechAssist] Sony KV32s22 Horizontal Out gone

  • From: Warren <warrenca@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2005 08:35:11 -0500

Merry Christmas All:

We hope that all of techassist members and directors  etc   have a very
happy CHRISTmas!!

I'm having some trouble with a Sony 32" tv. As we don't do much with
sony TV's  I wondered if I could get some hints from TechAssist
adherants.   The set came into us dead but with a squeel when first
turned on. I told my brother that the trouble was most likely  in the
Horiz section. He tested the Horiz out which is a 2sc5148 and found it
to be bad.   This has been replaced and the squeeling has stopped
but the set still does not fire up. What have we missed? Are there some
other parts that go out at the same time?
We have no schematics or voltage test points to check out.
Perhaps someone out there knows just what else to look for.
I will be posting questions in another  Post for help with  2 JVC's.
Thanks in advance. Much appreciated!