[TechAssist] Sony KV-32XBR95S (SCC-F16C-A) RF/video inputs don't always work right

  • From: Phil Bader <tjanphyl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2004 10:40:05 -0500

Odd...
Customer uses a satalite reciever fed into one S-video input. Said he
got no video to the set but another TV worked on the same box.
In the shop, I hooked up a cable coax and recieved cable channels. I
then plugged in an S-Video from my DVD and viewed my movie. I moved the
S-video DVD cable from "Video 1", to "video 2", then "video 3" on the
Sony and saw my video in all inputs.
Later I noticed the RF cable ststion was playing on "RF" and ALL 3 S-vid
inputs!
One other time it seemed to ignore the RF cable input and fed the DVD
video to the screen no matter what S-vid input I selected.
I thought moving the cable aggrevated this.
Will dirty/bad S-video jacks on the back panel do this?
Phil Bader
--
Jan Phyl TV Inc
3420 Recker Hwy.