[TechAssist] Re: Sony KV32XBR55 dead set

  • From: "Leonard G. Caillouet" <lcaillo@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2002 14:40:21 -0500

Larry,

I had one do this a while back.  The fix was to replace Q604 2sc3311A (soft
start driver) at pins 8 & 9 of IC651.

Also, always ESR the electrolytics in the circuit and look for leaks,
especially C651 2.2uF 160V and C613 100uF 25V.

The two SE135 error amps are always suspect as well.

I did the same as you, looked to the A board until a tech at sony told me to
just change Q604, even if it checks good.

Leonard G. Caillouet
Service Manager
Electronics World
Gainesville, FL