[TechAssist] Re: Sony KV32S40 power supply question

  • From: Jeff Dougherty <support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 1 Sep 2003 22:29:57 -0400

Peter,
Read this article..it may help.
http://www.iwaynet.net/~nesda/SonyPowSupply.html
--
Jeff
=A0
Intrepid Video TV/VCR Repair
263 S Front St
Steelton PA 17113
Fax: 717 564  495 2
www.intrepid-video.com www.tech-repair.net
=A0

On Mon, 01 Sep 2003 23:19:51 +0000, Peter oliver,
=A0oliver_peter1@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Sony KV32S40
AA-2 chassis family

=A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 Unit dead with flashing LED (continous). =A0Has HOT blown, and
MX0841
shorted. Connections on Horz drve transformer look ok, Will solder anyway.
Conection on Horz drive transistor a little poor. Customer claims light
started blinking, left the room and it was gone. Any caviots for this
particular supply? Not sony ASC so this series just starting to trickle in,
first one of the MX containing series that I recall coming in with power
supply fault, usually just see the sets with the discretes, schematic looks
like they packaged the transisors and the VDR's in one..Yes I was working
labor day to clean up the backlog from last week, got done at 3:45 and this
set came it after 3:00. I'm going to have to order parts on this one and a
few other sets tomorrow but ideas in the the shipping interm time may be
usefull.

Peter Oliver
Tucson Radio TV

MSN 8: Get 6 months for $9.95/month. http://join.msn.com/?page=3Ddept/dialup