[TechAssist] Sony KV-32S25 dead, G-board Q601,Q602, HOT shorted. shorts again

  • From: Phil Bader <tjanphyl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2005 16:19:50 -0400

This was the typical G-Board power supply/ HOT/ drive transformer pins
soldering fix:
Q601,Q602 (2SC4834) R607 (.1 ohm 1w) and a shorted HOT Q502 2SC5148. A
very visable bad solder driver transformer as always. Replaced the G
board parts and HOT. Resoldered H. drive transformer of the ring cracks.
Well it came up beautifully and ran OK for 5 minutes. I noticed the HOT
was heating up pretty fast but the two PS transistors were cool.( I used
two of Acme's high quality 2SC4834P transistors.) I think they were not
the issue here. The HOT was a generac but same number. I feel the
overheated HOT took itself and the new PS transistors out.Dead
again,same parts. Is there certain lytics in the drive circuit in these
models like others (hi ESR,etc) and which ones? I walked away and before
I could get back to it, it went dead. Maybe 5 minutes.
Phil Bader

--

Philip Bader
Jan Phyl TV Inc. (estab. 1976)