[TechAssist] Re: Sony KV32FS200 shut down instantly,5 blinks. tough FIX

  • From: "Leonard Caillouet" <lcaillo@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2005 15:31:06 -0400

I jsut had an older Sony KV36FS13 that would flash 5 times in standby and
when on. The CRT was on and the only problem was that the video level to the
CRT drive IC was to high.  The set was to bright but worked fine otherwise,
even looked OK if you turned the brightness down.  The problem was one of
the IK buffers.  Replaced that transistor and the set was normal.  I think
that the micro assumes IK failure if it never gets the right feedback from
the jungle chip, so if the CRT never comes up and no other codes are thrown,
it goes to 5 flashes.

FWIW, this set was one that was struck by lightning and I sent the board to
Tri-State fro rebuild.  It came back working except for this problem.  They
had me send in the PS and AV boards to test it and the PS came back with a
crack in it that I had to repair.  I keep trying to give them chances, but I
am just about fed up.  I have received three boards from them that I had to
finish fixing before I could complete the repairs. One Zenith, one Philips,
one Sony.  I'll be talking to them about this one.

Leonard Caillouet
Electronics World
1261 NW 76 Blvd
Gainesville, FL 32606