[TechAssist] Sony KV27V65 "Hot" Horiz Output Transistor

  • From: "Art Bevilacqua" <abevilac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2004 21:38:42 -0400

This set ate one set of new parts (Horiz output transistor, dual reg
transistor (MX0541) and a .47 resistor) after about an hour. We had
resoldered the drive transformer and other horiz items.

Now we've got this set running again, but the Horiz Output Transistor =
just
seems to be running too hot. All voltage and waveforms from the sync =
chip up
to the base of the Horiz Output Transistor are perfect, but there is a =
bit
of "ringing" type distortion following the main pulse at the "primary"
windings of the flyback.

I've never had to replace a flyback on one of these Sony's because of =
this
type of problem, but I'm thinking that might be needed here.

Does this match anyone else's experience?

(The parts we used are good originals from B&D)

Art Bevilacqua
Essex Radio and TV
40 Main Street
Essex, MA 01929