[TechAssist] Sony KV-27HSR10 (1990) H.O.T Overheating....

  • From: "Bruce Tiedeman" <btied@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "RepairWorld ListBot" <listbot@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 1 Sep 2001 09:39:21 -0400

I can not find the previous post on this problem. I put in the original
Output transistor , I soldered the driver transformer and connections in the
Horiz. section. I did change the .47\50 cap at the driver transformer.

Is there some thing else that has to be changed on this chassis. The
transistor gets very hot. The waveform looks very clean at the base of the
H.O.T . it starts to get hot after a few minutes.

The original problem was a blown HOT transistor and the special damper diode
. The R523 (.68 ohm resistor ) was over heated but not blown. I replaced
this also.

If I remember correctly these do run hot, just didn't wanted to send this
out and have it come back...

thanks for your input,

Bruce
B&T Electronics.