[TechAssist] Re: Sony KV27FV310 flashes bright and shuts down.

  • From: "Dan Williams" <wizhd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2005 10:36:51 -0500

From this site:

 Set turns on with excess brightness,then shut down.
On the CRT "C" board the driver IC shorts IC702 (did not provide
number).He says this is becoming a common failure.
IC702 pins 7&8 measured short.
A protection mod is a dual diode (common anode?) Sony part# 871911827.
You solder it across L701 (either direction is OK) Guess this is some
kind of spark, or discharge suppression to protect the IC.
Phil Bader

--

Dan W
Wizard Electronics