[TechAssist] Re: Sony KV27EXR25 turns on for 2 seconds and turns off.

  • From: "Intrepid Video Support" <support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 28 Jun 2003 12:24:33 -0400

Kevin,
Solder connections and caps.

Jeff Dougherty
Intrepid Video TV/VCR
263 S Front St
Steelton PA 17113
fax...717-564-4952
www.intrepid-video.com www.tech-repair.net

----- Original Message -----
From: "Kevin" <kevintv@xxxxxxx>
To: "TECH-ASSIST" <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, June 27, 2003 9:43 PM
Subject: [TechAssist] Sony KV27EXR25 turns on for 2 seconds and turns off.

Set came in dead 6 months ago-replacing STRS6301 fixed.  Came back in
yesterday with new problems:  I can hear the HV come up as the set comes
on, but it turns off after 2 seconds.  I replaced the 135 volt regulator
because I thought it was bad, but no difference.  I put a variac on it
and got the set to come on and stay on at 100 volts AC.  I turned up the
voltage to 120 volts and the set stayed on for 30 seconds.  Q603/4/5/7/8
in the x-ray protection circuit all tested good.  Does it sound like my
STRS has gone bad again?  Thanks.

Kevin Wilks
Kevin's TV & Video Repair
Penticton BC Canada